Monday, August 17, 2009

The BEST white bread


The Blue Chip Baker Gluten-Free French Bread/Pizza Crust Mix.

If you liked white bread prior to being gluten free, this is a great one to try! It has a very smooth soft texture like white bread, not quite as airy, but not gummy either.

The only difference is that, to me, this bread didn't have any flavor, which works ok if you're putting tasty topping on it or making a sandwich. What is the flavor of white bread? I'm just wondering if would taste better with a little salt or sugar or something added.

Either way, this is very edible. It's the least crumbly of any gf bread that I've tried without being gummy or too heavy.

My mom found this mix at Macey's. I couldn't find a picture of the package online, but it comes in a dark ziploc-type bag. One bag makes two medium-sized loaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment