Thursday, May 13, 2010

The BEST Waffles/Pancakes from scratch

This is the best pancake/waffle from scratch recipe I have tried. I started out with a recipe from online and altered it for my additional food allergies and tastes. I hope you like it too.

1/4 cup rice flour
1/4 cup sorghum flour
1 T and 1 1/2 t corn starch
2 T and 2 t potato starch
3/4 t baking powder
1/4 t baking soda
1/4 t salt
1/4 t xanthan gum
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 T canola oil
1 cup milk or milk substitute (I made these with soy milk)

Mix the dry ingredients. Then add the wet. Mix again.
I also added 1/2 cup frozen blueberries when I made pancakes. I left out the oil for the pancakes and it still worked great.

The waffles were amazing - golden and crisp on the outside, soft inside. The perfect texture in my opinion!

I want to experiment with making a large quantity of dry mix for these so it's easy to add the wet in just a few minutes. When I figure it out, I'll post the quantities

No comments:

Post a Comment