Sunday, January 1, 2012

THE BEST Gluten free egg yolk free CAKE POPS! (dairy free option)

Yep, that's right.  Even with multiple food allergies, you can have cake pops!  And they are so good!  Trust me, I ate more than a few!

This is a cute little guy my husband made.  There are a couple of fancy pops in the background (I wish I had gotten pictures of them), including a cake pop dipped in smashed candy canes

For the cake part, use :
1 Betty Crocker gluten free cake mix (I used yellow)
1 package pudding mix (I used chocolate, pudding mix is dairy free)
1 cup almond milk (or regular milk or your favorite milk sub)
2 egg whites
1/2 cup applesauce
(if you can have egg yolks, you can use 3 whole eggs instead of the egg whites and applesauce)
1 stick of the Best Life margarine (this is dairy free)

Mix all ingredients together and bake in a cake pop maker.

Now, for the dipping part.  Your food allergies will determine what you can use.  I used almond bark.  It does have dairy in it.  If you need to be completely dairy free, consider dipping these in dairy free or dark chocolate chips (you can use a little melted shortening to thin it if you need to).
Make sure your sprinkles and toppings are gluten free and go for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment