Tuesday, July 7, 2009

the BEST peanut butter waffles

Ok, these may be the only peanut butter waffles. These have a really good texture - they cook up perfectly and they are easy to make. This recipe makes about 20 square waffles (about 5 batches on my waffle iron). These freeze really well & you can put them in the toaster to use on a daily basis.
I found this recipe online a few years back and have adjusted it to work with the ingredients I keep on hand.
2 eggs
2/3 c peanut butter
1 T brown sugar
4 T butter or marg, melted
2 c milk (skim, rice, soy all work fine)
2 c gf flour - I usually use 1 1/2 c white rice flour and 1/2 c cornstarch, but this recipe is pretty flexible
2 T baking powder
1/4 t salt (optional)
Mix eggs, pb, brown sugar and melted butter together. Add milk a little at a time. Then add dry ingedients. Mix until blended.
Cook in waffle iron until done to your liking.

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, I just found this using a google search, after a non-gf friend of mine mentioned peanut-butter waffles. I will definitely have to try this! Maybe with strawberry jam and/or bananas...?

    ReplyDelete