Friday, June 26, 2009

The BEST cold cereal

There are several gluten-free cereals on the grocery store shelves, but most of them are kid cereals.

Included (last time I checked) are: cocoa pebbles, fruity pebbles, trix, rice chex, honey nut chex, corn chex (the last two are newly gluten free so check the box to make sure).

If you eat oats, Kix, Honey Kix, Honeycombs, Cap'n Crunch are wheat & barley free.
I react very noticeably to gluten & I don't react to these cereals. This is just my experience.
Honey Nut Chex is my new favorite, but it's pretty sweet so usually I mix it with Rice Chex.

As far as cereals that you can buy at the health food store, this is my all-time favorite - Nature's Path Organic Mesa Sunrise flakes. It has flax, corn & amaranth in it. You can buy it in larger bags too or order it online in bulk. It is expensive, especially compared to grocery store cereal so I don't buy it very often, but I do like it the best of what I have tried.


I also like Enjoy Life granola mix. It's free of all common allergens. I wouldn't want to eat a whole bowl of it though - it just adds a nice crunch and flavor on top of a plain cereal.

Erewohn cripsy brown rice is also tasty and makes it easy to make rice krispie treats if you like those.

Before I was gluten free, I was not really a kid cereal person. I really enjoy multigrain type of flavors so keep that in mind...I'm not a white bread kind of person, normally.

No comments:

Post a Comment