Friday, June 26, 2009

The BEST store-bought bread

I'd love to hear what you have tried. Here are some that I find edible.
For sandwiches:
I prefer to use ENER-G light brown rice bread. It's thin & not too dense so I can actually chew & swallow the sandwich without gagging! :) It's also available at the grocery store when I don't have time to make a trip. This bread MUST be toasted...The un-light version of this bread is ok when nothing else is available, but it's a lot denser.
For toast:
Food for Life Millet Bread - in the freezer section. I love the flavor of this bread. It is very moist, dense, and filling.

I haven't found anything that, in my opinion, comes close to storebought gluten bread. Have you?
When I was first gluten free, I thought ENER-G bread was the grossest thing ever. I guess it's an acquired taste, but also a convenient necessity with 4 very young kids.
Also, I've learned that open-faced sandwiches are sometimes tastier when using gf bread so it's more about the toppings and less about the bread.
I'd love to hear that there's some delicious store-bought gf bread that I haven't tried yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment