Thursday, June 25, 2009

The BEST "graham" crackers

Did you know you can make these? Well, I don't know why you would unless you're gluten free, but for a little effort, these are so delicious! This is another recipe from Ebay seller kurlykurly1 that I've tweaked a little.

Just Like Graham Crackers
1 c brown rice flour
1 c cornstarch
1 c sorghum flour
1 T baking powder
1 t xanthan gum
1/2 t salt
1 1/2 t cinnamon
3/4 c margarine
3 T honey
1 c brown sugar
1 t vanilla
1/2 to 3/4 c water

Combine all ingredients and refrigerate 3-4 hours. Roll to 1/8 to 1/4" thick. You can cut these into sticks or cut them into shapes - whatever you want. You can prick them with a fork too so they look like real graham crackers.
Bake at 325 deg. on a greased cookie sheet. 15-20 minutes. If you cook them less time, you have soft graham cookies - so yummy! Cook them longer and they're really like graham crackers.
This makes a lot of cookies/crackers.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, how neat! These look great! I've always bought Jo-sef's GF graham crackers but I'd love to try and bake some!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrea I am SO excited about your blog!! this is so fun! I am glad I will get to have all of your yummy recipes :) It looks awesome too! Love it!

    ReplyDelete